Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default choose table_array in VLOOKUP from list of multiple worksheets?

You can use INDIRECT or CHOOSE.

Personally I prefer to use CHOOSE wherever possible (relatively small number
of worksheets) because its faster. You need to have a way of converting the
date in your dropdown to a number (sheetnumber) then use something like
this:
=VLOOKUP(lookval,CHOOSE(Sheetnumber, Range1, Range2, Range3,
....Rangen),colnum)

alternatively you could use INDIRECT something like this assuming that cell
D99 contains the sheet name resulting from the dropdown and the lookup range
is A2:Z100.
=VLOOKUP(lookval,INDIRECT(D99 & "!A2:Z100"),colnum)

Charles
Outlines for my Sessions at the Australia Excel Users Group
http://www.decisionmodels.com/OZEUC.htm

"LDP Analyst" <LDP wrote in message
I'm looking to search multiple worksheets labeld by date using the vlookup
function. I'm using the drop down, and I want to know if there is a way to
reference the drop down to a list of ranges, or have that drop down be a
changing reference to in the table_array section of the vlookup function.