Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
diaare diaare is offline

Default Change formula reference in bulk?

I need to change thousands of formulas on a worksheet. Afeter reading some
other posts in this forum, I thought I could do it using find and replace.

Here is what I have tried to so far:

I converted all the formulas to text by using the find = and replace with
$$$=. This was very fast.

I changed my workbook reference from jan-june to july-dec using the find and
replace. Again this was very fast.

Here is my hangup...

When I attempt to change the $$$= back to = using find and replace it slows
excel to a halt, and I end up having to use task manager to get out of it.

This even happens when I have manual calculations turned off.

Is there a step I am missing to complete this process, or am I going about
this all wrong?

Thanks,

Diane