Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bbrant2 bbrant2 is offline

Default Auto Date

How would i use this statement if the criteria is on a different sheet? So
if a value is entered on sheet Joe!H4, then on Sheet3 H4 would have the date
stamp?
Thanks a bunch!

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Ken

Adding a comma and

Columns("G;G")

so the line reads

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Columns("B:B"),Columns("G:G")) Is
Nothing Then

Should do it
--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Ken McGonagle" wrote in message
Thank you so much!
Now how would I enter the code if I also wanted to do the same thing for
Columns F & G. When something gets entered into G it puts the date in F.

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Ken

You could use a worksheet_change event. Right click the worksheet tab and
select 'view code' and paste this in the resulting window. Close and
save,
now whenever you enter something in B the date/time stamp will appear in
alongside

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Columns("B:B")) Is Nothing Then
Target.Offset(0, -1).Value = Now()

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
DTHIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Ken McGonagle" wrote in message
I have a Spreadsheet that I use to track incoming orders from customers.
Column A is used for the date I receive the order. Is there a way to
say
if
anything is typed in column B to automatically enter that days date and
current time into whatever the corresponding cell is in column A?