Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Custom number code [conditional] help

Perhaps the best bet may be to have one column on your worksheet which shows
a zero to keep your customer happy, and another column which has NA() and
plot that one.
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
Unfortunately I'm creating this for someone that wants the cells to
show a 0 "zero" not a "blank" or a "#N/A" I also thought of the same
solution. Thanks for responding. Hopefully I can find a solution using
the custom number formating.

On Jan 21, 10:35 am, Pete_UK wrote:
You could change your formula along these lines:

=IF(ISNA(your_formula),"",your_formula)

this will return a blank instead of the #N/A error, so this will not
affect your graph.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 21, 5:19 pm, wrote:

I have a chart that is using numbers on a sheet. One of the columns
has a conditional formula in it that returns either a number or #N/A
using to avoid a divide by zero error. I using the formula N/A() if
the IF Statement formula would be divisible by Zero. I want this
because I don't want the chart to show a value that meets this
condition.

I would like to format the sheet using custom number formating to show
a 0 "zero" instead of #N/A. However I can't figure out how to use the
[Conditional] to work with the #N/A that is returned. I have tried
[=#N/A] 0.00 but excel changes this to [=0] 0.00 when I enter press
ok. Is there any way that this can be accomplished using custom number
formating?

Appreciate any help.