Brett

http://www.cygen.com/temp/stringcell.xls

You can see in E2 that is doesn't calculate. Any suggestions on how to fix
it?

Thanks,
Brett
"Jason Morin" wrote in message
The content of the cell with the numerator is text.
Formatting the cell as numeric after the fact does not
change the content - it's still a text string.

Click on the numerator cell and do this:

1. Press <Ctrl<Shift<~.
2. Press F2.
3. Press <Enter.

The string in the numerator cell should now be a number.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA