Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Disappearing Names in Excel 2007

A name can have workbook level scope, which means that once defined, it can
be used in any cell on any worksheet. A name can also have worksheet level
scope, and that name is visible only on the worksheet on which it is
defined. My guess is that you are dealing with names and inadvertently were
defined with worksheet, not workbook, level scope.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Daryl Fagala" wrote in message
In at least one Excel 2007 macro-enabled workbook, names I give to certain
cells or ranges disappear from the list in the Name dropdown box as well
as
Name Manager when I close and then re-open the workbook. I've been careful
make sure I save the workbook each time I create a name but they still
disappear on re-opening. Is anyone else having this problem and, if so,
found
the solution?