Dave Peterson

When you created your links/hyperlinks/macros, did you refer to those sharenames
by the mapped drive:

Like: N:\
or did you use the UNC style:
\\myserver\myshare\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfile.xls

If you used the mapped drive letter, you may not have any trouble at all.

If you used the UNC and your links point with in the same folder, you may get
lucky and not have anything to do (for links, anyway).

For links, you can use Edit|Links and point at the new location (for the ones
that need to be changed).

Bill Manville's FindLink addin may help you find the hard to find links:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

For hyperlinks (Insert|Hyperlink), David McRitchie has a macro approach that may
help you fix stuff:

look for:
Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks)

For macros, you'll have to fix those yourself.

====
But I wouldn't really guess if all would work ok. The only way you'll really
know is by trying them.

(Pain in the ..., huh?)

Jebaneesa wrote:

The IT department at work has decided to upgrade our current server farm
which will result in the names of the servers changing. My question is how
will this affect macro's, links and Hyperlinks etc. in our current reports.
Will I have to relink all my Excel files or will they relink automatically
when they are opened from the new servers.

Any help greatly appreciated

--

Dave Peterson