Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myra Myra is offline

Default Recover Excel file that was saved over

Dave,

I already check both of those options and sad to say I did not. The one I
saved on my jump drive is from Feb. It got saved to a short cut on my
desktop and converted it to a .lnk file so I was hoping that the .xls file
would still be saved somewhere but my searches do not find anything. Any
other ideas??

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Any chance you emailed a copy to someone else. Maybe you can check your sentbox
or ask for a copy back?

How about any thumbdrive? Did you transport the file anywhere else?

Myra wrote:

I accidentally saved over a worksheet with another file. Can I recover the
original. I have searched and the most recent backup is from Feb. I do not
have a system that automatically backs up my files. I have tried auto
recovery, restoring the system to a previous date, searching my complete
computer. Any suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson