Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default "add parenthesis"

You're welcome, Patrick - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jan 18, 11:05*pm, PatrickP
wrote:
Pete:

With a minor modification regarding the range, that seems to have done the
trick. *Thank you so much!

"Pete_UK" wrote:
You can't use COUNTIF like that - it only works with one condition,
and you normally apply that condition over a range. Try this instead:

=SUMPRODUCT((Attendance!D6:D100=0)*(Violations!C6: C100="X"))

this checks the ranges from rows 6 to 100 and counts if the criteria
are met.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 18, 4:58 pm, PatrickP
wrote:
I type in the following formula and keep getting the error message that it is
missing a parenthesis. No error message when using the "pop up" window to
assist with the formula but when I hit "enter" I get the parenthesis
notification. *However, *I have added them everywhere I can think of it is
still getting rejected. *BTW, what I am trying to tell Excel is "If there is
a 0 in one cell AND an X in another cell, count it."

=COUNTIF(AND(Attendance!D6=0,Violations!C6="X")

What am I mising?- Hide quoted text -