Jon Peltier

Ian wrote:
Hi Jon,

Neat, very neat! That's just what I'm looking for and not a line of code in
sight. I followed through your explanations on the pages of your site and was
able to follow your thinking perfectly.

Great!

I guess that if you want to point to
a worksheet in a different Excel file you just need to construct the INDIRECT
function to reflect it's path?

Correct. It's possible to reference cells in a closed workbook, but I
have a nagging suspicion the address has to be hard coded, not
constructed using INDIRECT. A quick test will show you the answer. If
you keep the files open, no big deal.

Just out of interest, do you know how many
worksheets you can have in a workbook?

Limited by available memory, which doesn't mean how many gigs of ram you
have, but rather how much of it Excel is designed to use (relatively
little by today's standards).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP