Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Sum Across Multiple Worksheets

J.,

SUMPRODUCT is not 3D range compatible.

The best work around is to use only one sheet for all games - usually, adding one column to sheet
template for entry of identifier information (think about how you change the tab name to identify
games) is enough. Then simply filter your data set to show only the data that you are interested in
(by game) and your one sheet will look exactly like your many individual sheets. And your formulas
will work.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Viridel" wrote in message
Sorry but I can't make heads or tails of the formula provided below. The
INDIRECT and & stuff is throwing me.

I have a similar issue, where I keep stats for a league, and pull Goals,
Assists & Shots from a Game Sheet. Each Game Sheet has it's own Tab. The
player is ALWAYS listed in Column J, so I need a COUNTIF to do a Game Count
(if a player played in a game), as well as SUMIFs for Goals (K), Assists (L)
and Shots (M). There are goalie stats as well, but once I get a formula that
works (that I can wrap my head around [;-), I'll be able to adapt as needed.

My "work in progress" formula is:
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF('1:2'!J:J,A2,'1:2'!K:K))

Seemingly very simple, and works flawlessly on one tab, but it #Value's out
when I change '1' to '1:2'

- J