Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default cell alignment

Indenting the text by 1 should put 1 space at the left of the text if your
text is left aligned, one space to the right if your text is right aligned.
If your text is center aligned, indenting will change the text to left
aligned with 1 space of indenting. In Excel 2007.

Tyro
..
"hjc" wrote in message

When indenting text or numbers using the 'Indent' box on the 'Alignment'
tab
in the 'Format Cells' dialog, is there a way to control the increment by
which the text is indented? Right now, even when I set the indent value
1, the text is indented considerably more than if I simply add a space at
the
end of the text.

Worse, the increment does not always seem to be consistent from
spreadsheet
to spreadsheet or over time. I have one spreadsheet where the indentation
is
approximately one-third of the cell width in a column with the width set
12, yet the indent value is still set to 1! The format used to be o.k. in
this spreadsheet, so I'm not sure what has changed...I did not change the
indentation setting.

Any help that can be provided will be much appreciated -- thanks!

HJC