Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Grand Totals with Nested Sub Totals

"Grand Totals" should occur only once in the totaling process. That is why
they are called "Grand Totals" - i.e. summation of all lower minor and
intermediate totals.

Tyro

"Brenda from Michigan" wrote
in message ...
Personally, I happen to agree. However, the fact is that before applying
the
patch, I saw the evidence that a separate Grand Total was created for each
separate sub-total that was run. The user wants to know why that is
different after the patch.

My intuition tells me it was incorrect the way it originally worked and it
was 'fixed' with the patch. The user wants me to find out why it was
changed
if possible.

Thank you for your input.
--
Brenda

"Tyro" wrote:

A Grand Total is just that. One total for the numbers above it. That's
why
it's called a "Grand Total". As in: 5, 3 Subtotal 8. 4, 7 Subtotal 11.
Grand
Total 19
Why would you want to see: 5, 3 Subtotal 8. 4, 7 Subtotal 11. Grand Total
19. Grand Total 19

Tyro

"Brenda from Michigan"
wrote
in message ...
User has Excel 2002 (10.6834.6830) SP3

We have applied patch KB892097 and have done a Registry fix that this
patch
appears to require.

Problem: Before this patch was done to correct the way Sub Totals work,
the
client would do 5-nested sub totals and Excel would put 5-Grand Total
rows
at
the bottom, all with the same number. Since the patch, there is only
one
Grand Totals row at the bottom. Is this working as designed? Why the
change?

Thank you for any responses.
--
Brenda