Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default IF Error

=IF(H2,H2,IF(G2,G2,""))

"PAL" wrote:

I am trying to put a Year or blank in a field. I have to fields for a date:

H2 is Actual
G2 is Planned

I would like the Year from H2 in a C2; however if it is blank, I would like
it to look at G2 and populate the year in C2. If G2 is blank, I would like
C2 to be blank, but I get the "#Value!". I have tried 2 approaches that do
not seem to work.

=IF(H20,YEAR(H2),(IF(G20,YEAR(G2),"")))

and

=IF(H20,YEAR(H2),(IF(ISERROR(G20)),"",YEAR(G2))) )

Lastly if it is not G1, I would like it to come up in red (trying to avoid
VB; formating is a nice to have only).

Thanks.