Gord Dibben

TOB

Select Column A through I(or a range of cells in Columns A to I) then
FormatConditional Formatting and Formula is:

=$D1="Bill G." note the $ sign to lock the column but not the row.

Pick a color from FormatPattern and OK your way out.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:51:06 -0800, "The Other Bollinger" <The Other
wrote:

If any cell in column D:D contains desired data in string format ( i.e.
"Bill G" ), how would I highlight the data range in that respective row?

Example:

cell d4 contains the text "Bill G". Excel automatically colors the range
4a:4i in red.