Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Create a macro to eliminate certain words from several columns

Record a macro when you do a bunch of edit|replaces.

Jorge wrote:

Hello, me again, another question to elaborate further on my last
post/question. Is it possible to creat a program/macro that would eliminate
certain words from certain columns and leave the rest of the information
intact. For example:

A1 B1 C1
State: Florida Phone: 321-555-1234 Company: ABC Store
State: New Mexico Phone: 214-555-9876 Company: XYZ, LLC.
State: Georgia Phone: 305-555-4321 Company: Stuff, Inc.

I would like to get rid off the words "State", "Phone", and "Company" so my
columns would look like this:

A1 B1 C1
Florida 321-555-1234 ABC Store
New Mexico 214-555-9876 XYZ, LLC.
Georgia 305-555-4321 Stuff, Inc.

A macro would make things so much faster for me. Thanks again!!!

Jorge

--

Dave Peterson