Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John67 John67 is offline

Default Count consecutive cells then start over

Hello, I would like to know how to create a simple function which will count
the cells that show up with the number 1 seven consecutive times and then
start over.

For instance, let's say the range is B3:B100, and the number 1 will
occasionally show up 3x's or 5x's and then occasionally 7x's with blank cells
and between each of the sets. I need it to display somewhere at the top of
the spreadsheet when the number 1 has shown up seven consecutive times. Most
importantly, I need it to start the count over again once it runs across a
blank cell.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

~John~