Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anders Anders is offline

Default Calculate X1-5 and Y? If total cost is given.

Oh boy! My bad..

Yes your right. Say total cost is 150000 then. So 34,78% profit margin.

How do i divide my cost out to get that profit margin on all projects.

--
Regards Anders

"Pete_UK" wrote:

The sum of the revenue in your example is 230000, so you will be
making a loss if your cost is 270000. Carrying through with this
example, though, your profit is -40000, which gives -14.8% profit. Is
this the profit margin you want to apply to all projects?

Pete

On Jan 16, 1:57 pm, Anders wrote:
% for example 20% on all of them.
--
Regards Anders

"Pete_UK" wrote:
By Profit Margin, do you mean the difference between revenue and cost,
or the percentage profit compared with cost?

Pete

On Jan 16, 12:18 pm, Anders wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I have 5 projects with different set of revenues.

Project Rev Cost Profit margin
P1 50000 X1 Y
P2 10000 X2 Y
P3 100000 X3 Y
P4 20000 X4 Y
P5 50000 X5 Y

I have total cost of X1-5 = 270000,-

And now I want the 270 000 to be distributed on my 5 project so that they
all have the same profit margin Y.

--
Regards Anders- Hide quoted text -