Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Separating Text From Numbers

You can use the LEFT, RIGHT, and MID formulas if the strings have some
consistancy in their makeup.......or, you can get the free add-in called ASAP
Utilities, available at www.asap-utilities.com which has a feature to delete
all alpha characters and/or to delete all numerical characters. You could
just copy your data over to two columns, and use them.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Santi" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know the formula to separate text from numbers?
I tried applying the formula from an earlier post here (=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-B1)
=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-B1+1) but it didn't work for me.
Did I miss something? Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated