Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default Caculating multiple percents in a worksheet

Based on your clarification, a vlookup comes to mind ..

Assuming in B2 down would be: Smith, Brown, etc
you could use something like this in say, C2:
=IF(B2="","",VLOOKUP(B2,{"Smith",0.1;"Brown",0.15} ,2,0))
with C2 formatted as percentage. Copy C2 down

Alternatively, simpler, assuming placed in say, Sheet1's C2:
=IF(B2="","",VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!A:B,2,0))
where Sheet2's cols A & B houses your vlookup reference table,
names in col A, percentages in col B
--
Max
Singapore
"Paula" wrote:
I think I am trying to figure out how to write a conditional statement?

For example, for the name of each specific company I type in a cell, I want
their assigned % rate to automatically appear.

For example, if "Smith" then 10% if "Brown" then 15% - so the % rate for
each company will automatically fill in when I type the company's name.

How do I associate a specific % value with each different company, so I
don't have have to type it in for each one manually?

Thanks
Paula