Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Paula Paula is offline

Default Caculating multiple percents in a worksheet

Helo Shane,

I think I am trying to figure out how to write a conditional statement?

For example, for the name of each specific company I type in a cell, I want
their assigned % rate to automatically appear.

For example, if "Smith" then 10% if "Brown" then 15% - so the % rate for
each company will automatically fill in when I type the company's name.

How do I associate a specific % value with each different company, so I
don't have have to type it in for each one manually?

Thanks
Paula

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi Paula,

We're going to need more info. Where is 9%? What does 35 6% 37.1 mean?
Are they in different cells? How does 6% of 35 equal 37.1? Where did 15%
come from?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Paula" wrote:

Hello,
Using Excel 2003, what is the formula I would use to accomodate the
automatic calculation of multiple percents within the same worksheet?

For example, if I needed to know what both 6% and also 9% as below?

Subtotal % of Subtotal Total added to %
of Subtotal
10 + 25 = 35 6% 37.1
15 + 26 = 41 15% 47.15