Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Blue Max Blue Max is offline

Default Returning an array of unique values?

Thank you Harlan. At this point I am looking into these functions. I would
obviously much rather be able to perform the task with standard Excel
functions, for reasons or portability, but may have to resort to outside
custom functions as you suggest.

Thanks,
Blue

*********
"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
"Blue Max" wrote...
Is there anyway, using a formula, to return an array of unique
values extracted from a larger array that has duplicate values.
The resulting array would be used for further calculations in the
rest of the formula?

The best approach depends on the final result you want. In general,
for all the things you seem to want to do, you should consider
downloading and installing Laurent Longre's MOREFUNC.XLL add-in,
avaialble from

http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm

Read its help file about its UNIQUEVALUES, HSORT, VSORT and
ARRAY.FILTER functions.