Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ryan''s Girl Ryan''s Girl is offline

Default Need Help..

Maybe I should be a little more clear...
Date(A) Job Number(B) Notes(C) Skid Size(D) Notes(E)
I enter row after row of information in this spreedsheet. If in column C Row
1 (Notes) I enter "EXPORT" .....I would like Column E Row 1 (Notes) to
automatically insert "JAD INFO"
The formula you gave me was not exactly what I was looking for.

"CLR" wrote:

Assuming your Notes column is A.....
put this formula in the cell where you want the new sentence.

=If(A2="EXPORT","Put this sentence in this cell","")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Ryan''s Girl" wrote:

The heading of one of my columns is named "Notes" my question is for
inserting data into this column. I would like to type "EXPORT" I want Excel
to recognize this word and insert a sentence into a different column. Can I
do this?