Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] alwaweru@gmail.com is offline

Default "background" formatting possible?

On Jan 15, 12:14*pm, wb198 wrote:
Hi, is it possible to format a background which will stay put while you
manipulate your data cells / insert rows on top? *That would be SO useful.
E.g. *I have a big table of data, and just for visual purposes, I want every
3rd line to be coloured, to make the table easier to read (esp when printed).
*However, if I update the table and add a row in at the beginning / middle,
then it messes up the formatting pattern thereafter.
Any way of having your formatting independent of data on top?

Thanks

Try this as your conditional format formula
=mod(row(),3)=1 then select format - patterns and choose your color