Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Why does it ask me to specify a table when creating a mail merge?

This might help.

Make sure the sheet with the data is first sheet in workbook.......that's where
Word looks for source data.

Or Word will take a range name as the source if sheet is not first sheet.

In Excel, select the range to use for labels.

InsertNameDefine.........give the range a name like MyLabels

Save the workbook.

Try the mailmerge again.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:58:01 -0800, Ashley Claire <Ashley
wrote:

I'm trying to create lables in word from an excel document but when I specify
the document and sheet, it prompts me to select a table and there is no table
to choose from! I'm so confused. This has never happened before.