Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Using COUNTIF for multiple text data creating a logic statment

See answer in your other post - please do not multi-post (although
this has more detail).

Pete

On Jan 15, 9:43*am, Scott wrote:
To setup the scenario, I have 10 doctors from 15 clinics being tracked on one
spreadsheet. *There are three columns I want to count from: Doctor, Clinic,
Gender. I would like to create logic statement to count the total number of
patients a specific doctor sees in relation to a specific clinic. *Also how
many patients he sees from a region such as the northern clinics (let's say
clinic A,B,C all designated within the "Clinic" column) and how many of the
total people he sees are from his own clinic. *

Relating to gender, I would like to count how many of each gender were seen
at each clinic and how many of each gender were seen for a region.

I am sure that the answer is really a variation of a nestled statement to
answer all of these, but I d not know how to create it. I will list a sample
of the columns below:

Gender * * * * * * Clinic * * * * * * *Doctor

Male * * * * * * * North * * * * * * *A
Female * * * * * North * * * * * * *A
Male * * * * * * * South * * * * * * *B
Male * * * * * * * North * * * * * * *B
Female * * * * * South * * * * * * *C
Female * * * * * East * * * * * * * *A
Male * * * * * * * North * * * * * * *A

Total North seen by Doctor A:
Total Non-North seen by Doctor A:
Total North and South, but not East seen by Doctor A:
Total Male seen by North:
Total Male seen by Non-North:
Total Male seen by Doctor A:
Total Male from North seen by Doctor A:
Total Male from Non-North seen by Doctor A:
Total North seen by other than Doctor A:

I'm sure you get my point. Thank you for your help.