Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
wb198 wb198 is offline

Default How to reference a cell depending on the value in another cell??

Hi, I want to retrieve the data in a a cell in Sheet2, based on the value of
a cell in Sheet1. How do I do this?
For example, in Sheet1, cell A1 has the value "5". In cell A2, I want it to
retrieve the data in cell B5 of Sheet2 (the 5 coming from the value in cell
A1). Thus, if I change the value in cell A1 to 6, cell A2 should then
retrieve the data of the in cell B6 in Sheet2.
The code in cell A2 would be something like:
=Sheet2!B(Sheet1!A1)
but of course that syntax doesn't work!!