Erny Meyer

If you don't wish to represent the figures of Sheet1 on Sheet2, the following
is a means to do the colouring based on conditional formatting, but it
requires some programming (not sure whether that helps, but if your numbers
come from a different place you could automate):

On Sheet 2 change your cell contents by the following:
For Cell A1 for example, replace the value 7 by:
=IF(Sheet1!$A1=7;7;TEXT(7;"#"))
and proceed similarly with the other numbers.

The you can use the conditional formatting using a formula as follows:
=CELL("type";A1)="v"
to change the background colour or other if you wish.

Note that if you wish to use the cell contents as a value for other
formulas, you need to remultiply by 1 to retransform into a value.

Hope it helps.
Erny

"Joe Gieder" wrote:

Is there a way (formula) to format (highlight) a cell on one sheet with a
value from another sheet? I tried Conditional Formating but it says you
cannot use a value from another sheet. If I have:
Sheet 1 value to use Sheet 2 cell to color
A A B C D on sheet 2
1 3 7 2 1 3 D1
2 4 9 11 4 8 C2
3 2 2 1 6 5 A3