Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Terry Bennett Terry Bennett is offline

Default Extracting List of Occurrences

Many thanks guys - much appreciated!

Terry

"Gaurav" wrote in message
Data | Filter | Advanced Filter

Check 'Copy to another location' and 'Unique Records Only'

is that what you want?

"Terry Bennett" wrote in message
I have a large data table. In column A (say A1:A10000) there will be
random occurrences of particular items of text, ie:

Oranges
Apples
Pears
Grapes
Peaches
etc
etc

Obviously I can count how many times each item occurs using COUNTIF or
SUMPRODUCT but how do I extract a simple list of all the different types
of items? I just need a list as above, ignoring the fact that any one
item may occur several hundred times (ie; a list exactly like you get on
the drop-down when filtering data).

Thanks in advance.