Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Adding more than 65,536 rows in Excel 2007

Sounds like you have a pre-Excel 2007 workbook open in Excel 2007 in
compatibility mode (look in the title bar and see if it says compatibility
mode). If so, the workbook has 65,536 rows, not 1,048,576. You can save the
workbook as an Excel workbook which will be in Excel 2007 format, close the
workbook and re-open it.

Tyro

"WL" wrote in message
When I try to cut and insert 20,000 rows from one worksheet to another
worksheet that already has 50,000 rows I get the error "To prevent
possible
loss of data, Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off of the worksheet." I
only see a total 65,536 rows in the worksheet - I thought Excel 2007
supported a million rows.