Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tammy Tammy is offline

Default How to change default Open/Files of Type to "Microsoft Excel Files

Hello,

We are running Excel 2002 and I have been asked by a user how to change an
option for opening files.

When this person selects to open files in Excel the default "Files of type"
option is set to "All Microsoft Excel Files" - they would prefer that this
default setting is set to "Microsoft Excel Files". They swear that this was
an option before and has changed and I can not find out to change this.

If someone knows how to do this that would be great and I can get this one
of the list! :-)

Thanks so much in advance.
Tammy