Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default convert Julian Date Format to Excel

When I copy/paste 2007/12/13 19:44:10 into a cell in my XL2003, it
automatically gets converted to a proper date. If you are seeing a series of
# signs, and thinking the entry isn't working, all you have to do is widen
the column to make it large enough to hold the generated date.

Rick

"Pablo" wrote in message
Dear Reader,

I have a data download that gives back a date field in Julian format.
It's
in the following format:

Create TS
2007/12/13 19:44:10

How can I convert this date format into a usable Date format? I can live
with just the 12/13/2007 date format, but would like date + time.

Thanks,

Pablo