Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Seperating Feet, inches and fractions

Assuming the format you showed is how you want the output to look, maybe
this variation on Gary''s Student's formula....

="("&INT(B1/12)&") Feet ("&MOD(INT(B1),12)&") Inches
"&TEXT(MOD(B1,1),"##/##")&" Inch"

Rick

"JDay" wrote in message
If I record 68.25 inches, what I would like is in separate columns is:
(5)
Feet and (8) inches and 1/4 inch

"JDay" wrote:

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Can you give examples of how exactly you enter the height?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel