Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Pivot Table Drop Downs

Check out this link...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ChuckTheDuck" wrote:

When I apply a pivot table template to a new dataset, I always still have the
old field values in the drop down list. Anyone know how to "clear" the old
values from a prior dataset when using a pivot table for a new dataset?
For example, is column "A" is a filed named "Reference #" and held the values
1-20 and I used that field in a Pivot Table then the drop down for this
field would have 1-20. If I then use a dataset that has "Refernce #" range of
100-199, I would expect only 100-199 to appear in the Pivot Table drop down
for that field. However, the drop down would contain 1-20 AND 100-199 (1-20
from the first dataset and then 100-199 from the second).
How can I get the Pivot drop down to ONLY display the values for the current
dataset? Pivot tables seem to like to remember any prior values for some
reason.
--
Thanks,
Chuck