Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
[email protected] panoz.fmitalia@gmail.com is offline

Default Office 2007 Configuration wizard runs every time I start anyApplication (word, excel, etc)

Hi!

I spent 2 days finding a solution to this very annoying problem, but
it seems impossible to find a working one, even though there are other
users with the same problem I have:

I've installed Office 2007 Enterprise on my Vista x64 system, but when
I'm
starting any of the Office apps, Office runs a setup/configuration
prog
(Office is collecting/gathering setup information or something like
that).

My event log has produced
numerous warnings, on of the more significant is :

Detection of product '{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}',
feature
'ProductFiles', component '{6252B847-BADA-43D4-9252-E39767FA40A1}'
failed. The resource 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pip\' does not exist.

I tried to access the HCR\.pip\ key in Regedit and receive the
following message:

"Error Opening Key
...pip can not be opened.
An error is preventing this key from being opened.
Details: Access is denied."

I have tried the Windows Installer Clean up utility to remove all
traces of Office, cleaned the registry, reinstalled Office 2007
4 times and still have the install/configuring messages popping up
upon loading the Office programs..

ANY information would be appreciated !!!

Thanx a lot Panoz