Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Copying a range of data without adjusting formulas

The OP states:

This is not a case where I want to use absolute cell references

Tyro

"The Rain" wrote in message
Just add $ in from of the leter or number or both.
A1relative $A$1 absolute
You can toggle between then by doing this :
Select the cell with the formula.
Click on the "f" by the formula bar (function)
Press F4 back and forth.
Have a good day.
--
Can''''t hear the Rain ?
Then listen to it.

"Captain Jack Flak" wrote:

I often have to create several versions of a report that summarizes data
in
slightly different ways. It is easiest to do this by copying an existing
form to another section of the same worksheet, however I cannot stop the
formulas from "adjusting". This is not a case where I want to use
absolute
cell references. Other spreadsheets have a way to copy a range of cells
without "updating" the cell references within the formulas. Is anyone
aware
of a procedure or option, when copying a range of data, that will prevent
references within formulas from updating?