Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Praburam Praburam is offline

Default "SUM" DOESN'T RE-CALCULATE WHEN A ROW IS INSERTED ABOVE IT

On Jan 13, 10:50*pm, EXCEL STATS USER <EXCEL STATS
wrote:
I AM DOING CAREER STATS FOR PLAYERS. EACH ROW IS 1 SEASON, WITH A "CAREER
TOTALS" ROW BENEATH THAT, USING THE "SUM" FUNCTION FOR EACH COLUMN. WHEN I
ADD THE LATEST SEASON ABOVE THE "CAREER TOTALS" ROW, THE "SUM" FUNCTION DOES
NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE ROWS ABOVE IT. IT USUALLY LEAVES THE TOP ROW OUT. HOW
DO I GET THE "SUM" FUNCTION TO INCLUDE ALL OF THAT SPECIFIC PLAYERS' ROWS?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Hi,

If you ada a cell preceeding to the Total cell means it will
automatically add the above given cells.

Ok.. now try this:
Type the formula as:

=SUM($A$2:A7)

In the above fomula i have locked the topmost data of my column. So,
now onwards your starting cell will be constant and other will be
variable according to ur need.

Thanks and Regards,

S. Praburam