Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default how to multiply entire colume?

Say your numbers start in A1.
In B1, enter this formula:

=A1*7

Click back in B1 to select it.
Hover your cursor over the lower right corner of B1, where you see a tiny
black square.
When the cursor changes from a fat white cross to a skinny black cross,
click and drag down Column B as far as needed.

XL will *automatically* change the cell reference in the formula to match
the row that the formula is in.

If you have no blank rows in Column A between your numbers, you can have XL
*automatically* copy the formula down Column B, as far as there are numbers
in Column A, by *double clicking* on that tiny black square when the cursor
changes to the skinny black cross.
--
HTH,

RD

"Andrea Gates" wrote in message
How to multiply entire colume with constant:

For example I have colume A

21
26
28
33
77

I wish to multiple all of colume A with 7 and put product result in colume

21 147
26 182
28 196
33 231
77 539

how do I insert single formula vulue in colume B at one time during edit?
(by selecting all the cells in colume B)?

Thank you.