Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how to multiply entire colume?

You can do it in place by entering 7 in an unused cell.

Copy that cell.

Select the range in column A and, in place, EditPaste SpecialMultiplyOKEsc

If you want to keep column A just copy it to column B then do the above on
column B

OR enter 7 in C1

In B1 enter =A1*C1 then double-click on the fill handle of B1 and it will copy
down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:30:13 -0800, "Andrea Gates" wrote:

How to multiply entire colume with constant:

For example I have colume A

21
26
28
33
77

I wish to multiple all of colume A with 7 and put product result in colume B

21 147
26 182
28 196
33 231
77 539

how do I insert single formula vulue in colume B at one time during edit?
(by selecting all the cells in colume B)?

Thank you.