Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs daddylonglegs is offline

Default Changing a number into time

Apologies....

of course I meant to say DIVIDE by 1440 so formula would be

=SUM(F140/7+H140+J140-60)/1440

"daddylonglegs" wrote:

Hello James,

I don't really understand why you divide the number of packs per hour by the
number of packs per minute, shouldn't that always give a result of 60?

However, if your result of 13.85 is supposed to represent 13.85 minutes then
to convert to a time format multiply by 1440 [the number of mnutes in a day].
Given your formula that would be

=SUM(F140/7+H140+J140-60)*1440

make sure you format the result cell as [h]:mm to correctly show any totals
over 24 hours

"James" wrote:

In my sheets for work i have basic formulaes to work out a basic time such as

=SUM(F140/7+H140+J140-60)
Which is this the amount of packs per hour (f140) divided by how many packs
per minute (7) plus how much downtime (h140) plus the change over product
time (j140) take away 60.

Which gives a result of something like 13.85
Obvioulsy this is not in a time formatt.
At the end of the week it could look like 1363.99
How can i set the formulae to give me an actuall time so each one would not
need someone to look at it a go "oh thats so many hours and minutes", so that
it does it by use of a formulae.

Cheers James.