Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default limit worksheet size

These "letters" you received were in the form of an Excel workbook file?

Or just the one page?

Through code you can limit the scroll area of the sheet.

Since the scrollarea method does not stick between sessions you will have to
reset it each time.

You may wish to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module
and specify which worksheet if only one sheet required.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:J20"
End Sub

Change "YourSheet" to the actual name of the sheet in your workbook.

Or also in the Thisworkbook module to limit scrollarea on all sheets.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
With ActiveSheet
.ScrollArea = "A1:J20"
End With
End Sub

Right-click on the Excel Icon left of "File" on the menu bar and slect "View
Code"

Copy/paste your choice of subs from above into that module.

Save the workbook and Alt + q to return to the Excel window.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:33:00 -0800, AdrianaMex
wrote:

Hi JP and Mike, First, thank you for your answears, but this is not what I am
looking for. I've seen others' sheets work like this, but I don't know how
people do it. Could it be that they create a form?
Some times I've received letters that in stead of being in word are written
in excel.
And you don't see the extra columns and rows....
Regards,

"Mike Rogers" wrote:

AdrianaMex

You might try going to toolsOptionsView tab and remove the check marks
from "Horizontal scrool bar" and Vertical scroll bar". This way they have
less to work with. They can still scrool with the arrow keys but may be less
likely to do so.

Mike Rogers

"AdrianaMex" wrote:

I have created a doc in excel, but I don't want users (or myself) to scroll
down through the hundereds of empty cells below my two pages. Or scroll right
across the hundreds of empty cells.

How can I restrict the size of a work sheet to prevent this scrolling?

Even trying to hide columns and rows seems too hard.
Basically, my first sheet is a one-pager.
The second- and following sheets will have one column but may grow several
rows.
Thanks in advance!
Adriana