Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default excel formulas

But what was in the "range". It couldn't have shown just "a range". It must
have stated what values were in each cell of the range.

If you repeat the question here, exactly as stated on your test, you will
get a proper answer.

By the way, while you haven't asked for it, my friendly advice is if you are
having trouble with simple concepts like gross profit formulas, you should
look for a job which doesn't require Excel skills.

Regards,
Fred

"meri" wrote in message
There probably was more. It showed a range and said enter formula that
will
show total profit. The formulas are driving me crazy. I am new to Excel
and
all the new job apps require excel tests. The Excel for dummies book is
confusing. Thanks so much for helping.

"RagDyer" wrote:

Was there no specific scenario assumed?

Price minus cost yields profit.
Price in A1
Cost in B1
Profit in C1 by using a formula of:

=A1-B1

There has to be more to it then what you're stating!

RD

"meri" wrote in message
I was asked a question on a test "enter the formula that will show
profit"
can someone tell me what that formula should have been (I got it wrong)