Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default "Date Format" v.s. "##/##/####"

Hi,

Yes A1 & "/" &A2 & "/" &A3 will be a date and to demonstrate that add to to
it in another cell and that will be the next day.

For your age follow on with your logic and use this

=DATEDIF(A1 & "/" &A2 & "/" &A3,TODAY(),"y")

Mike

"Neon520" wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is it the same when you type in 01/01/2000 as in a date format AND when you
pick up three different numbers from three different cells and combine them
using & sign? For ex, A1 & "/" &A2 & "/" &A3.

If after combining the three number, will Excel still look at the combined
cell as a "date". I need to do some calculating with the combined cell, and
I want Excel to look at it as a date, let's say I need to calculate the age,
but the birth date need to be hidden. How can I do with this?

Thanks,
GU