Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Dave is offline

Default Replaced a file but need the old file back

OK... I do have backups, I have backups of the backup and I have off site
storage backups..but why is everyone assuming the file I copied onto was an
older file that may have incurred a backup to itself ?? The file which was
copied over was created 10 minutes before I replaced it mistakenly so I
thought I might be able to use a document recovery method that I was not
aware of....... someday a Microsoft operating system will actually do
something out of the ordinary and helpful when it comes to virtual real time
backups tweakable by the user based on available memory and storage available
on the desktop or server. For the past 3 years 50% of Microsoft's programming
and updating time was spent on creating software to prevent spyware and
virus's instead of creating a better operating system that is more effective
than what they sell now. To go a step further...if reformatting and
reinstalling the OS works so well to clear up problem computers then I might
just as well install a different operating system that is adverse to picking
up virus's. I still can't believe that IBM, Intel, SAP, HP, SUN, UNISYS or
somebody has not come out with a newer OS that works more effectively and is
actually user friendly. Regardless..in the time it took to get a response on
this message board I had already recreated the file. Thanks anyway.

"CLR" wrote:

If you are on a network at a company, chances are their MIS dept will have
backed up the data not too long ago......ask for a restore........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dave" wrote:

I moved a file to another folder and it prompted me if I wanted to replace an
existing file with the same name. I said yes but I really did not want
to.....Can I recover the replaced file?