Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Willyum Willyum is offline

Default Formula for "counting" numbers - bot cells!

Unfortunately, it is complicated. The collective €śThey€ť want to be able to
track the tickets, who sold what tickets, what tickets were not sold,
percentage of tickets sold by a Rep that won and lost€¦. I could go on and
on€¦.

FUN, I know€¦..

"CLR" wrote:

Unless it is important later to know who sold a particular ticket, just
forget the numbers and just enter the persons name and how many tickets you
gave them......otherwise, it would take a more sophisticated formula to
insure the correct answer for the oddball conditions of a zero in either or
both columns.

Vaya con Dios
Chuck, CABGx3

"Willyum" wrote:

I am trying to create a formula that will €ścount€ť a set of given numbers. I
want to hand out numbered raffle tickets and have the ability to track how
many are given to each representative of my group. The issue is the numbers
printed on the tickets are large and each member receives various amounts of
tickets.

Here is an example

I give Rep A ticket numbers 73267 through 73356, which are 90 tickets. If I
use the subtract function €“ it equals 89! I am one off!

Any help would be appreciated!