Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Formula for "counting" numbers - bot cells!

Just add one to your formula.

Imagine you have three tickets, numbered 11 to 13 - if you take the
smallest number away from the largest number you will have 2, so
clearly this is one less than the number of tickets.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 11, 3:59 pm, Willyum wrote:
I am trying to create a formula that will "count" a set of given numbers. I
want to hand out numbered raffle tickets and have the ability to track how
many are given to each representative of my group. The issue is the numbers
printed on the tickets are large and each member receives various amounts of
tickets.

Here is an example

I give Rep A ticket numbers 73267 through 73356, which are 90 tickets. If I
use the subtract function - it equals 89! I am one off!

Any help would be appreciated!