Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian_Add Ian_Add is offline

Default Copy Paste problem

I have received a workbook from a colleague and require to copy cells from it
into another workbook. I got the "copy and paste areas differ" message but I
had selected a single destination cell. I have even tried to copy one cell,
not a merged one, into the other workbook to no avail.
I can paste the copied data into other cells in the same workbook. If I open
two copies of excel and put one workbook in each I have no problem. There are
no macros in either workbook just colour formatting. The cells contain values
not formulae. If I open a new workbook and try to paste to that the problem
remains. This workbook I have received and want to copy from seems to have
some strange characteristic.

We have tried it on two totally different PCs - no difference. I am using
Excel 2003 SP3 on WIndows XP Professional.

Anyone any ideas?
Thanks Ian