Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default global formatting of legend keys

3D charts sound like a great solution, but 3D chart rendering on a 2D medium
(paper or monitor) will always be limited. A 3D column chart with 200 points
would be horrific.

I would carry out my analysis with a few charts. I'd use an XY chart with
age on the X axis and test score on the Y. I would use a labeling routine to
put the student names or other ID on the points as data labels, but for 200
students, it would probably be too cluttered. I'd also make a couple dot
plots, both with student name down the left axis, one with test score and
the other with age plotted horizontally, both plotted in descending order of
score or age. Probability plots of the test scores and ages would also be
helpful to show whether any apparently outlying points were truly out of
distribution.

Chart data labeling routines:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

Dot Plots:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DotPlot.html

Probability Plots:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...lityChart.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Yossi evenzur" wrote in message
Hi
First thanks for the help, now, usually i try to avoid this but in this
case
i had too, but maybe you can offer a better solution, as an analogy, say
you
have 200 students and test scores in math and their age and you need to
find
the worst performing student with cross correlation to his age, i thought
that by putting this on a 3D chart will enable me to pinpoint the most
likely
candidates, what you think?