Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default changing an activex control property using a macro

You could pass it as a generic object:
Sub BigCode(myControl as Object)

If you were only passing comboboxes from the control toolbox toolbar (placed on
a worksheet), you could pass it as a combobox:
sub bigcode(myCombobox as msforms.combobox)

This would work if your combobox was on a userform, too.

Sian wrote:

Here's the thing: I have one large procedure (BigCode) which I call from
many different small procedures:
call BigCode (mycontrol, 1)

'mycontrol' is the name of an activex control.

One of the things I want Bigcode to do is change properties of mycontrol,
for example

With mycontrol
.Locked = True
End with

My question is what do I pass as mycontrol? Or how to I get BigCode to
understand it's the control itself I want to change (at the moment every
variable translates to eg "Combobox1" (in quotes)

Help greatly appreciated!
Sian

--

Dave Peterson