Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
carlo carlo is offline

Default Making a Cell turn color based on results in another cell

@Tyro:
as $C$2="Y" results in TRUE or FALSE you don't have to check it again.

(Maybe you could find that Info in a Book as well)

Carlo

On Jan 11, 1:18*pm, "Tyro" wrote:
=IF($C$2="Y",TRUE,FALSE)

Helps to read a book on Excel before you use it.

Tyro

"melaniem" wrote in message

I have a formula in column A that is Y or N based on the results in another
cell.

If it is Y, I would like to turn the date in another column to turn Red.

I have gone into the conditional formatting menu and selected formula is..
Then typed in $C$2 = Y and changed the format color to red. *C2 does in
fact
= Y, but the color doesn't change. *Any insight into what I am doing
wrong?- Hide quoted text -